1. Technology

Boost Mobile Unveils $50 Unlimited Voice, Data Prepaid Cell Phone Plan

By January 26, 2009

Boost Mobile logo
Image © Boost Mobile
This is what competition is all about and why it benefits consumers.

When unlimited cell phone plans came out for $100 (i.e. Sprint's "Simply Everything" plan or the unlimited AT&T "Nation" plan), competition cut the price down to $90 and then $80 (i.e. with Virgin Mobile, which is a Sprint reseller).

But now Boost Mobile, which competes with MetroPCS and Cricket Wireless, on Jan. 22, 2009 began offering a new unlimited voice and data cell phone plan for only $50 with no strings attached.

The plan also comes with unlimited text messaging, unlimited walkie-talkie use, no roaming and unlimited Internet use with no hidden fees, no contract and no credit check.

As Boost Mobile is a subsidiary of Sprint Nextel, its network is nationwide. I reported in Nov. 2008 about an unlimited plan from Cricket Wireless for only $45, but the carrier then was only offering service in 50 U.S. markets in 29 states.

Aug. 25, 2009 update: Prepaid wireless carrier PlatinumTel on Aug. 25, 2009 unveiled a similar unlimited plan for $50 a month.
Comments
January 26, 2009 at 6:22 pm
(1) Ray says:

With prepaid deals like these, how much longer before the US market starts to look more like those in Europe? Signing a 2 year contract to get a $150 off a phone you’ll want to replace in 6 months is starting to look pretty ludicrous.

January 27, 2009 at 10:27 am
(2) David says:

So Boost Mobile customers get unlimited voice and data, without contracts, for $50, while I, with a two-year contract with Sprint chained around my neck, can’t get the same thing for less than $100? And they wonder they’re they’re hemorrhaging customers!

February 16, 2009 at 11:05 am
(3) Ted M. says:

I just took a quick look at the various “BOOST” link’s. Right now I’m on a Pre-pay plan with “T-MOBILE” ($48.95 approx) monthly for 600 min. I like the looks of this with all the unlimited services. I may try this for a month ,then dump what I’ve got. I have to see how well it all is, If this is as good as they say ; They should claim a major portion of the cellphone market in no time !

February 17, 2009 at 4:43 am
(4) RozzBay says:

If your looking around I would suggest that you try Tracfone, I left my contract and am now saving so much money every month, I can’t believe that I didn’t do it sooner. I don’t make a lot of calls every month so I was paying for a service that I just wasn’t getting. My husband was using his phone so much that he ended up paying overage fees that were ridiculous. Now he has a Net 10 phone and only pays 10c per minute and no roaming costs so he can keep working on the phone and never has to worry where he is or about going over his limit. Pre-paid is far better than contract any day.

February 25, 2009 at 9:33 pm
(5) shaft says:

The only drawback is that you have a crappy cell phone selection. You will definitely not get any cool phones.

March 2, 2009 at 12:43 pm
(6) Paul says:

Well you can get some awesome unlocked phones with top notch features and just switch the sim card

March 2, 2009 at 5:20 pm
(7) Sam I Am says:

This is true you can get an unlocked phone from either ebay or amazon and still use all the great services

March 12, 2009 at 9:40 pm
(8) Ryan H says:

You can use any Nextel phone with Boost, therefore if you want a “cool” phone, order your “cool” phone from Nextel and put your Boost SIM card in it. It says it right on the Boost website!

Some of the Boost phones, however, are a good value for the money you pay for them!

Also, I also had no trouble putting a Cingular prepaid SIM into my old Cingular Razr.

March 23, 2009 at 9:27 am
(9) Malcolm says:

You can NOT use any Nextel phone with Boost; the sim cards are incompatible with Blackberry phones; I had one, and couldn’t call other mobile phones; only landlines, inbound, and the walkie-talkie worked.

I had to go spend money on a Boost phone (got one at Wal-Mart for $20, with $5 airtime credit).

Don’t like the phone, but I have given my feedback to Boost about coming out with something more PDA like than what they currently have.

April 4, 2009 at 4:29 pm
(10) carly says:

while this all sounds attractive, I have a boost phone, yeah everything is free, but Im a big text person which is why i like it so much. I had a verizon wireless 2 year contract and paid an extra $25 for unlimited text messaging. boost you shuold get it free, but half the time you cant even recieve text messages from other carriers. its bullshit. i have had the phone for three months and only been able to text for about 20 days. looking for a contract phone now believe it or not….

April 30, 2009 at 9:34 pm
(11) Lisa says:

Watch it with Boost . . . you’re very limited to use their ‘internet,’ so don’t think you’ll be able to go upload free music or ringtones. You’re limited to buying theirs.

May 21, 2009 at 10:44 am
(12) Marc G says:

Ray asks, “With prepaid deals like these, how much longer before the US market starts to look more like those in Europe?”

Good question. I have another one. Why doesn’t the cell market in the US look better for the consumer already????

If competition is so great here, why the crap plans and the limited phone options on the good plans????

June 3, 2009 at 3:03 pm
(13) Joe Th' Plumber says:

Is Virgin Mobile actually a “Sprint re-seller”? Consumer Reports’ Jan. ’09 issue, p. 30, states that VM uses Sprint’s network, but that Boost is owned by Sprint…

June 21, 2009 at 5:22 pm
(14) Matt says:

Boost has now fixed the SMS/MMS messaging issues. These issues were due to an explosive growth at around 726,000 customers in the 1st Quarter alone. You have to hand it to Boost Mobile for the long overdue shake up in the wireless industry’s pricing structure. Also, with Boost you can do everything online. Since I have been a customer with Boost for two months, I have not had to contact their customer service at all.

June 21, 2009 at 5:27 pm
(15) Matt says:

Mark G, telecom in the US is still largely a monopoly which kept the crazy pricing/offering structure intact. Ironically, it took a major market down turn to effect change in the industry. Boost is well poised to be the reigning king in the area. The economic downturn created the large public backlash against the contracts. Contracts are great for the wireless companies because they provide the excuse not to provide customer service. I predict that contracts are going to go away soon.

June 30, 2009 at 8:50 am
(16) Harold says:

Can anyone compare Boost and Metro PCS?

July 11, 2009 at 5:35 pm
(17) Boost Customer says:

The plan is academically perfect, however phone service isn’t only about what’s on paper, it’s about SERVICE.

I am presently a Boost Unlimited customer. I too was attracted to what I thought was a good plan, with great rates. Sadly, however, I am learning a harsh lesson.

It’s important to note that although Boost Mobile is a ‘Division’ of Sprint, it runs by totally different rules, rules that clearly value Boost customers far less than Sprint values their customers. I was once a Sprint customer so I know the difference between the two.

Boost is patently unreasonable, here’s how:

First please permit me three questions and one definition:
1) Do you know of any phone service provider that will not accept any form of payment by mail?
2) Do you know of any retailer who requires the last 4 digits of your social security number in order to allow you to pay them with a credit card? and last,
3) Did you ever pay a fee to pay a bill with cash that was not past due?
Here’s my definition of the word ‘Reasonable’ — Reasonable is the overwhelming conclusion that sets of 10 or more people would come to, on a consistent basis, given a particular set circumstances.

When I purchased my phone, it was with the understanding that I had 4 service-payment options: 1) pay by credit card, 2) pay with checking account, 3) pay with prepaid phone card, or 4) pay at a local retailer like Radio Shack (additional fees apply).

I paid for the phone and the second month of service (the first month of service was free) with my credit card. When it was time to make the third month’s payment, for no known reason Boost’s system demanded the last four digits of my social security number to ‘verify’ my credit card. I’ve used that particular card to make tens of thousands of dollars worth of purchases in person, over the phone, online, and by mail over the 5 years that I have had that account, and in general, I’ve used credit cards for over 25 years; NEVER have any other retailer made such a odd request. Because I felt Boost demand for the last four digits of my social security number was too intrusive, and a security risk, I did not provide the number. With that, they effectively removed the ‘pay by credit card’ option from the list.

Did you know that Boost does not allow you to pay them directly with Cash, and that Boost doesn’t allow you to pay for your bill by check through the mail either? If you want to use cash to pay your Boost bill you must go to a retailer like Radio Shack, and pay them an additional fee, to give Boost your cash payment.

Boost customer service will tell you that you can use your checking account to pay your bill, however they don’t tell you that you can’t pay by check, and they don’t tell you that at any point they may require the last 4 digits of your social security number as some, bogus, form of verification. Banks do not need any part of your social security number in order to verify funds on a check, or that the account is valid.

Given the Boost Bait-and-Switch tactic, my “options” were disappearing fast. The forth month I purchase a Boost prepaid card at Walmart, sadly I noticed that the face value of the card ie: $50 was more than the 47 worth of phone service I would get for the card, the remainder was going to the fee for Walmart. As such, I was paying an unreasonable premium to pay my bill. I bit the bullet and purchased the card.

It’s important to note that I’ve had my phone number for 6 years, and have had 4 service providers during that time. I don’t like switching service, and am not easily swayed by deals that seem unrealistic, or unbelievable, so to fall victim to Boost’s Bait-&-Switch scheme wasn’t easily accomplished.

The following month, I went back to Walmart, which were sold out of the ‘unlimited’ boost cards. One of the walmart reps told me not to expect any more in because, according to their vendor the unlimited plan was ending soon. Boost assured me that the plan was not ending. That was 4 months ago, the plan is still around but the Boost cards are still nowhere to be found in Jacksonville Florida.

At Best Buy a rep told me to buy the Boost Pay As You Go phone cards because the unlimited was no longer available and that Boost Customer service would make the necessary adjustments and honor that card for my service. When I called in to redeem the card, Boost customer service told me that it was the wrong card and that they would only allow this type of redemption once and no longer. I then asked them to have the vendor stock the local (jacksonville) stores so that I would be able to buy the card the following month.

The following month Boost Unlimited phone cards were not available at Walmart, CVS, Walgreens, Target, Best Buy, or any other store in Jacksonville Florida, just like they were all out of the card the previous month. When I called Boost customer service they told me to go to 7 Eleven, I told them there was no 7-11 in Jacksonville Florida (in fact the closest one is 70 miles away). The fact is they didn’t have any real idea where to find the card in Jacksonville.

With that I told Boost that it was unreasonable to not accept the other card, because they simply did not make the card available in the stores. Note, Jacksonville is no small town, it make no sense to sell unlimited service in jacksonville and have no Boost unlimited cards in jacksonville.

Boost customer service, they told me that the only option that I had was to pay at a local retailer (plus the additional service fee).

I didn’t appreciate that, over the next 10 days (no service on the phone) I called Boost customer service and attempted to prove to them that they needed to be more resonable with respect to payment methods. It took about 12 calls to get them to accept the other Boost prepaid card.

I’m pissed that I purchased Boost phone equipment, I’m upset that I must find a new phone provider, I don’t like the fact that I will loose the accumulated Boost credits on my account that resulted from in the purchase of fixed amount phone cards, and I am really upset that I didn’t see Boost’s Bait-and-Switch operation for what it was before I was entrapped.

The low price is only good with things go right, but the true value of a deal is how problems are handled — Boost’s low price just isn’t worth the hassle.

July 21, 2009 at 11:12 pm
(18) meme says:

boost customer what is wrong with you you know nothing how can u not pay ur bill with cash if goin to a retailer to buy a prepaid card is the same and the only fee u get charged is tax and nohting else go ahead and leave boost u naive whiner in ny 80% of retailers dont ven charge tax you should go to boostmobile.com and look up there plans it is so different than what you think the most dropped calls youl ever get from boost is 3 or 4 in one year that is not alot at all stop whining and stick to boost

August 1, 2009 at 9:56 am
(19) kic says:

My contract plan expires in a couple of days and I have had it! I am considering Boost Mobile’s unlimited plan for $50. I talk, text and I wld also be interested in using the Web. But so far I am reading some not so good reviews about Boost Mobile. Now I am thinking Virgin Mobile, but the same plan would cost me an extra $25 a month; which is the expense I am trying to avoid. But if Virgin Mobile service is overall better than Boost Mobile then I may try it. Any advice from someone that has experienced both??? Help pls

August 9, 2009 at 9:11 am
(20) Joanna says:

I just got rid of Virgin as they are about $25.00 more monthly for the same service. I was happy with them and they have some cool phones, but am trying to save a buck. The Boost phone I got has a lot of features and submenus. I have read the book 2X already! I am having trouble with using the web. Any tips?

August 25, 2009 at 4:12 pm
(21) Ginger says:

I am with Boost Mobile and I absolutely love their service. I haven’t had too many problems with them. The unlimited everything is great and I would never go with another cell phone company. I mean the only issues i have had is my phone is constantly dying. But that’s really not a problem. What can I say?! The phone is from 2006 or 2007. So yea I’m in dire need for an upgrade. lol! The other problem was i couldn’t use my phone this past sunday for a few hours because they were doing an upgrade,which was absolutely no problem because I mean I was at a bike race and I was preoccupied anyway. I mean this company is growing so big and is expanding. That’s probably why they were doing some system upgrades. And the boost reps ALWAYS take good care of me. If I am inconvienced in any kind of way, they usually credit my account with 10 extra bucks so I can download some stuff! I think this is wonderful! The service even picks up where I used to live at(which is in the country bythe way)It’s also great because It’s one flat rate each month(no hidden fees,no taxes,etc.)But AOL,yahoo,and msn instant messengers are not free. They are extra per month. Just fyi! Oh the person w/ the question about virgin mobile..I don’t like them. My bf had them last year and their service is not as good as Boost in my opinion. Last year I had boost and he had virgin mobile. I had better service than him. lol. I recently switched back after being with AT and T for almost 2 years. They were just too expensive. And I had more issues with them than I did with Boost!! So, I recommended my friend switching to Boost and she did. She loves it and she has the Clutch phone. (which I want so bad! lol) So me and her are happy with our phone service. My bf is even thinking about getting a boost phone! yay! And my other friend is thinking about gettin one too! I recommend Boost to everyone!

August 29, 2009 at 1:05 pm
(22) Murphy2591 says:

I need to get off AT&T. Even though I cancelled my long distance I am still being billed over 10/month when I make no ld calls. I was using Dollar General cards to keep it off and called AT&T to cancel my long distance but they keep billing every month. A lot of taxes etc. added so for a land phone with internet, I am paying over 30 monthly and I have no DSL.

If I get Boost, how much more will I need to pay to get DSL? Or is this included. I have to get all the figures as I am on a fixed income and need to get it all together before I leap. I have been with AT&T since 1984. I am an old lady but still out there and I need to watch my p’s and Q’s, if you know what I mean.

Any suggestions or?

Thanks, will check back tomorrow which is Sunday. Yeah, bunkies, I will be at church and visiting Hospice but I will be back around 3PM and will check to see if I get any replies.

Thanks doe liatening. I enjoyed all the comments and am glad I joined this chat group.

Murphy

September 10, 2009 at 10:48 am
(23) Freedom says:

I switched from AT&T I have an iPhone. I love the phone but hate their “Mandatory” charges to use the phone. What sense is their in having Wifi on a phone if you have to have the at&t internet to use the phone? Anyway I have had great success with Boost for only 50.00 a month. I know exactly how much my bill will be, no surprises as with at&t. I can’t tell you how many times AT&T messed up and charged me pay per use data when I was on unlimited. Than I’d get whopping 500.00 bills that would have me on the phone hours trying to fix. So Boost has been great. I can use my old Nextel i736 for everything including text or my nextel blacberry.

September 10, 2009 at 10:54 am
(24) FREE says:

To Boost Customer: I have been a Boost customer for several months now. They have never asked for the last four of my Soc number. If payment is an issue just go to the store, buy the card and add it to your phone. Very easy and private. What can you expect for cheaper service. If you expect the moon with a great deal like this thats when the costs go up. For everything your complaining about there is a charge for that with the contract companies. Thats why our contract bills are so much higher. I am happy to pay the 50.00 a month for unlimited everything. Saved me 70.00 off my monthly bill. So I gladly will put up with the small issues you mentioned.

September 20, 2009 at 5:21 pm
(25) Frank Lee says:

Boost is Sprint. Not so great.

I use Straight Talk. Itís unlimited for $45 a month, prepaid (so no bills) and on Verizonís networkÖ the best.

Unlimited talk and texts, plus 30MB of data, which is about 350 web pages. Fantastic deal.

It’s available at http://www.StraightTalk.com.

September 22, 2009 at 9:58 am
(26) The other Marc says:

I just checked that StraightTalk.com website. The price is nice, but their plan does not include UNLIMITED data as does Boost or Virgin; rather, they include only 30MBs of data on their “unlimited” plan. Also, it appears that the service is tied to their specific phones only . I’d be interested to know if their plan works with other GSM phones, since they only offer 3 very tired looking phones (nothing PDA or Music Player).

September 22, 2009 at 8:54 pm
(27) Verizion Gril says:

I’m thinking of switching to Boost. I’m currently with Verizion on a family plan for around $100 per month that depends on which taxes and fees happen to appear on my bill, anyway I need to know what websites can be accessed on the Unlimited plan such as twitter, facebook etc. also can the phone be used anywhere in the USA.

October 7, 2009 at 7:15 pm
(28) lee says:

Where do you buy a boost phone??

How many styles do they offer?

If there is no bill sent where do you .. or how do you pay your monthly bill

October 8, 2009 at 3:09 pm
(29) Jesse B. says:

I have had Boost Mobile since they first came out off and on up until this past month. For someone looking to switch, here’s the skinny from someone who has been with Boost/Nextel/Sprint since before Nextel was bought by Sprint.

I came from Sprint’s “Everything” plan and couldn’t even use my expensive Rant as a modem without buying another 50/mth addon to a plan that was already 120 to 130/mnth. That was the last straw (especially for just 1 line) and why I went back to Boost, even considering some of their problems. It wasn’t worth the extra 80/mth to have a paperweight that couldn’t do what I needed it to do.

The 50 unlimited plan is great. You really can’t beat it. It basically got coverage anywhere Sprint got coverage and then a few more places in some instances. This is coming from someone who has used the i530 up to the i465 Clutch on the network and everything in between. As far as talk goes, I’ve rarely run into a time I could not make or receive a call. That doesn’t mean there won’t be times when the ‘circuits’ are busy, it does happen, just not often enough to be a nuisance.

On the unlimited web, you can use it as a backup modem for your computer if you have the right data cable for your series of phone. It’s like a dialup modem, but you don’t pay extra for it like you might with having access with other carriers. It’s not 3G fast, but it will do in a pinch. A couple of driver installations and a fairly simple setup and you’re ready to go. If you want to use a Blackberry on the system, look it up – apparently there are ways to get a “Boostberry” up and running on the Boost network. Search the internet for specifics if you’re interested. And on the handset itself, you can get to any website provided you can load a browser (like Opera Mini) onto the phone. To do so it has to be Java 2.0 enabled phone. I checked my bank balance, email, and IM’ing from my phone no problem. You won’t be able to DL items from the internet, but you should be able to see most internet content from your handset in a pinch when needed. It depends more on the phone than the network, but if you can get a smartphone on the network, it should do everything you expect of it.

Texting: This is where Boost gets into trouble because it is run off the iDEN network. There have been many times I texted a person and they would not receive it at all or get it several days later. I would constantly have to Master Reset my phone to get texts to either send or receive. There are times it works just fine and others it is a nightmare. It is the main reason my girlfriend and I finally went to T-Mobile. We text 200x a day or more and it was just a deal breaker. Otherwise, the service was great.

One way to get around the dodgy texting issues that they still have today (Oct 2009) is to get a phone on the CDMA side of the network (The same one that Sprint is on) and all your texting problems virtually will go away. The only problem is that Boost only has 3 CDMA phones and they won’t tell you about them or their CDMA network for the most part. They’re pushing the iDEN phones because those are the ones with the latest features. The plan on the CDMA side has taxes included, so you may pay 52 to 54 including the tax depending on the area. If you use one of their phones for a few months, they can usually activate another CDMA phone on the network for you (say an HTC Touch or Samsung Rant for example) if you happen to ‘lose’ your first Boost Mobile handset. If you look on Ebay they are the C290, Razr V3, and the W385.

If you do plan to go this route, I would suggest doing your homework because if you are going for the 50 unlimited plan, you would best be served by a CDMA phone if you are a heavy texter, and with that Boost truly does come out on top. Again, contact them and see what they say about CDMA pricing in your area and if it’s available. Don’t let them fool you into thinking it’s 70/mnth because there are plenty of people that have it at the advertised price plus local taxes.

Overall, if you’re a talker, like a nice backup modem when you can’t find wifi (Trust me, you’d want DSL when compared to this speed), then iDEN Boost Mobile should be great for you. If you’re a texter, definitely go with a CDMA Boost Mobile phone as I have not had complaints with the texting on that side of the service (the same side as Sprint).

I will check back for a while to answer any other questions anyone might be having in looking to switch.

October 8, 2009 at 4:09 pm
(30) Jesse B says:

For Lee:
Where do you buy a boost phone??

You can buy them locally at your Sprint Store or at Radio Shack. There are also several online vendors like Boostmobile.com (of course) and all are virtually the same price. You can also find nice used ones (especially discontinued models and all CDMA networked Boost phones) on Ebay for a relatively cheap price.

How many styles do they offer?

There are several styles of phone. You can use virtually any Nextel phone, all previous and current Boost Mobile branded phones, and on some occassions, Sprint branded phones (see my previous comment) with little exception. All the boost phones are Motorola’s as well as many of the Nextel. Sprint has several different manufacturers like Motorola, Samsung, HTC, etc that range from candybar, flip, PDA typed, and smartphones. Though natively, the Clutch is the only QWERTY phone out of the whole line up thus far and the most PDA like one that is natively branded by Boost.

If there is no bill sent where do you .. or how do you pay your monthly bill

You pay your bill online at Boostmobile.com or you can add the required minutes through prepaid Re-Boost cards. You can also set it up through your handset so that you can pay with your credit card or prepaid debit card automatically or set up reoccuring payments. It’s simple. The website has been streamlined and if you do not feel comfortable talking to a rep, then everything can be taken care of as far as setup, payment, and adding service through the site.

October 11, 2009 at 8:22 pm
(31) Linda4088 says:

I have ATT and they’re breaking me. I want to change to Boost Mobile. Everything I’ve read is great except their phones. I’ve read that you can use Nextel phones. I want a virtual keyboard as I have on my Samsung Impression. Can I get one that works with Boost Mobile? Also, do they provide insureance like the other carriers? Thanks for any info you can provide.

October 13, 2009 at 12:27 am
(32) dtd1969 says:

or you can buy them boost moble phone on jr.com and they sell the cards to and they do not make you pay tax on them if you are not in ny

November 8, 2009 at 8:28 pm
(33) Ihaveaboost says:

I have a boost mobile, i have the cheapest phone they have which is the i290 with the $50 unilmited plan. The service is alright, i cut out on the same road home form work everyday in the sme spot. I went up north in the summer to camp and i did not have service the whole time. the texting does not always go threw. the internet is the basic internet, basically there for buying ringtones and wallpapers. So really you pay $50 for all the talking you can do when you have service

November 11, 2009 at 3:33 pm
(34) Curious future costumer says:

okay so i have been trying to get through to a PERSON on boost mobiles numbers on their website, but all i get is a recrding. does anyone know how to get to a live person? like which number to dial and than what buttons to push? also does anyone know if the instinct works with boost mobile?? i have an old on from sprint and i wanted try ut boost before going and buying one of their expensive phones or risking it and buying one on ebay or something. any help i you can give me asap would be greatly appreciated. i am becoming very frustrated and i am about to say forget boost and switch to someone else!!

November 14, 2009 at 10:50 am
(35) Al says:

Please stop running all the annoying walmart ads. There is a big price for all of that discounting. Don’t shop at walmart

November 29, 2009 at 9:24 pm
(36) Verny says:

for future curious customer: I feel the same way. I just called boost mobile, and it took me forever to talk to a person. if you go press (i think 2) the number for activation and then the number for “i don’t have an activation number” they’ll put you through to a representative.

December 19, 2009 at 2:45 pm
(37) Pat Yoe says:

I have Straight Talk, which is just an amazing deal.

I was skeptical at first but everything good I’d heard about it is true.

No more crappy coverage from AT+T. The Verizon network is solid and I havenít dropped a call yet.

I think $45 a month is fantastic and I got a very nice Samsung phone with a qwerty keyboard so texting and web surfing is easy too.

Iím saving hundreds of dollars a year now so itís pretty awesome.

I’m not the only one who thinks so, either.

Here’s another happy Straight Talk-er:

December 23, 2009 at 9:08 pm
(38) curious will says:

I have dsl via at&t at home. Basic landline service. My out of area code service is jajah. This requires unlimited local calling. And it uses your own phone. On the net you click Call, your phone rings, you pick it up and it says “connecting”, and the other party answers. You don’t need to stay online to keep talking, or you can surf the web during the conversation. My question is Would Boost allow jajah? Seems likely since the connection is via my local number. Any jajah hipsters out there?

December 29, 2009 at 3:57 pm
(39) curious will says:

Moving right along…….one of you actually contacted boost??? i checked the website, their pdf brochure, called their 888 number. lots of same same shuck and jive. what do they mean by unlimited web?? do any of you actually check and send email? As much as i hate AT&T the extra 30 bucks for real wifi internet seems like a good deal. or a netbook with 3G capability. so many options, lots of differences, lots of tricky fine print.

December 29, 2009 at 8:39 pm
(40) curious will says:

live and learn. finally went to radio shack and talked to rachel at the vallejo store. her boost info is based upon her sprint contract and her boyfriend. finally, her co-worker pointed out there are two (at least) kinds of web. One is called mobile web, and uses sites selected by boost. it’s not your open surfboard by a long shot. Could be a commercial relationship, but i am only guessing. The C-W noted that demand will soon have the cell companies putting out the whole internet. soon, i hope.

January 8, 2010 at 4:21 pm
(41) josh02333 says:

I have boost i like i will never be charged more than the upfront $50 for my unlimited plan, I want a better phone to enjoy the free web, however the best one I found is by getting a blackberry 8150i and buying a boostberry conversion cd on e-bay, these phones are pricy, and I can;t connect to a blackberry server, will I be able to do everything ion the web? also I had a samsung omnia with verizon, I see similar phones actually iphone clones online for under $100 most claim they work on t-mobile/at+t what is a gms phone is boost a gms frequency if I buy these phones will they work with my sim, my other delema is though boost is working for me is there an application I can download to get mobile IM I could care less about hacking my phone something tells me if I can use a clone phone using windows mobile, I can get all the features other carriers have for free using my boost, does any of this make sense, and does anyone have answers , thanks, JOSH