This technical BlackBerry 7780 review is computer-generated with this phone's specifications, it doesn't constitute an actual hands-on review. It outlines its pros and cons so that you make a sound decision.
- Technology: The BlackBerry 7780 works with global frequencies of the GSM standard which is convenient for overseas travelers. (Note that additional roaming fees from your home carrier generally apply) (score: 7/7)
- Talk Time: A talk time of 300 minutes. It is very good! (score: 20/20)
- Stand-by Time: 216 hours of stand-by time. It is good enough! (score: 16/20)
- Phone Book: It can store a variable number of phone book entries. This is normally the case of phones with a dynamic memory and, it generally allows for a lot of phone numbers to be stored. (score: 20/20)
- Speakerphone: It has a speakerphone, which can prove useful in a car or in other situations. (score: 10/10)
- Full Keyboard: It has a full keyboard. It helps not only when typing text but also when browsing the Internet and adding new phone book entries. (score: 7/7)
- Wireless Data System: Bluetooth-enabled, which is an interesting plus. Bluetooth is not really necessary but may be handy if you want to use a wireless headset or transfer data to or from your (Bluetooth-enabled) laptop, for instance. (score: 7/7)
- Weight: 5.00 ounces of the BlackBerry 7780 is a lot of weight. Whether you carry it in your pants pocket or a purse, you could find it heavy. (score: 0/20)
Overall Score: 91
* Look at these 3 phones. They ranked higher than the BlackBerry 7780:
Sony Ericsson K610im (Score= 137)
Sony Ericsson k610i (Score= 130)
Sony Ericsson V630 (Score= 125)
** Given the fact that manufacturers do not necessarily list technical specifications in full, some details may be missing. Thus, the script that generates these technical reviews may produce non-sense results. If you spot a mistake, email me to let me know.
Is the BlackBerry 7780 your ideal cell phone? To find out, click here to take my very popular 20-question test that unveils your 5 ideal cell phones. You can even take that test right here with the first question:
Question #1: What Type Of Phone Do You Prefer Among These?