The following technical LG CU400 review is based on an algorithm that takes a close look at a phone's specifications, it is not a hands-on review. It identifies its pros and cons to help you make a well-informed decision.
- Weight: The LG CU400 has a smaller than average weight, which is usually perceived as a plus. (score: 12/20)
- Technology: The LG CU400 works with worldwide GSM frequencies which is convenient if you travel overseas frequently. (Roaming fees from your home carrier generally apply) (score: 7/7)
- Talk Time: A talk time of 300 minutes. It is way above average! (score: 20/20)
- Stand-by Time: A stand-by time of 288 hours. It is excellent! (score: 20/20)
- Phone Book: It can store up to 500 phone book entries, which is quite good! (score: 20/20)
- Speakerphone: It has a speakerphone, which will prove useful in a car or in other situations. (score: 10/10)
- Streaming TV: Streaming Video or TV. Streaming TV, provided your carrier offers it, allows you to watch real live TV on your cell phone. It involves additional fees but can help kill time in queues, doctor waiting rooms or many other situations. (score: 5/5)
- Wireless Data System: Bluetooth-enabled, which is an interesting plus. Bluetooth is not really necessary but may be handy if you want to use a wireless headset or transfer data to or from your (Bluetooth-enabled) laptop, for instance. (score: 7/7)
- Push-to-Talk (PTT): The LG CU400 supports Push-to-talk (PTT), a technology that allows you to instantly talk to other people owning a PTT phone on the same network, just by the push of a button, as with a walkie-talkie. (score: 7/7)
- Camera: The VGA built-in camera is basic. Useful, but you won't win photography contests with it. (score: 3/10)
Overall Score: 111
* Look at these 3 phones. They ranked higher than the LG CU400:
Sony Ericsson K610im (Score= 137)
Sony Ericsson k610i (Score= 130)
Sony Ericsson V630 (Score= 125)
** Considering that manufacturers do not necessarily list features in full, some features may be missing. Thus, the program that generates these technical reviews may yield akward results. If so, let me know by email.
Is the LG CU400 your ideal cell phone? To find out, click here to take my wildly popular 20-question test that unveils your 5 ideal cell phones. You can even start the test right here with the first question:
Question #1: What Type Of Phone Do You Prefer Among These?