This technical Nokia e61i review is based on a computer analysis of the cell phone's technical specifications, it doesn't constitute a live hands-on review. It outlines its strengths and weaknesses to help you make an informed decision.
- Technology: The Nokia e61i is compatible with global frequencies of the GSM standard which is convenient if you travel overseas frequently. (Roaming charges from your home carrier generally apply) (score: 7/7)
- Talk Time: A talk time of 240 minutes. It is good enough! (score: 16/20)
- Stand-by Time: 288 hours of stand-by time. It is way above average! (score: 20/20)
- Phone Book: It can store a variable number of phone book entries. This is normally the case of phones with a dynamic memory and, it usually allows for a lot of phone numbers to be stored. (score: 20/20)
- Memory Expansion Slot: It has a memory expansion slot MicroSD, a useful way to store more pictures and music or transfer them from and to your laptop computer. (score: 10/10)
- Speakerphone: It has a speakerphone, which will prove useful in a car or in other situations. (score: 10/10)
- Full Keyboard: It boasts a built-in small keyboard. Useful not only when typing text messages but also when browsing the wireless Internet and adding new phone book entries. (score: 7/7)
- Streaming TV: Streaming Video or TV. Streaming TV, provided your carrier offers it, allows you to watch real live TV on your cell phone. It involves additional fees but can help kill time in queues, doctor waiting rooms or many other situations. (score: 5/5)
- Wireless Data System: Bluetooth-enabled, which is an interesting plus. Bluetooth is not really necessary but may be handy if you want to use a wireless headset or transfer data to or from your (Bluetooth-enabled) laptop, for instance. (score: 7/7)
- Camera: It has an advanced camera: 2-megapixel (score: 10/10)
- Weight: 5.3 ounces of the Nokia e61i is a lot of weight. Whether you carry it in your pants pocket or a purse, you could find it heavy. (score: 0/20)
Overall Score: 116
* Look at these 3 phones. They ranked higher than the Nokia e61i:
Sony Ericsson K610im (Score= 137)
Sony Ericsson k610i (Score= 130)
Sony Ericsson V630 (Score= 125)
** Because manufacturers do not always detail technical specifications in full, some information may be missing. Therefore, the script that generates these technical reviews may produce non-sense results. Shall it happen, email me to let me know.
Is the Nokia e61i the best cell phone for you? To find out, click here to take my wildly popular 20-question test that unveils your 5 (--ideal|best--) cell phones. You can even (--start the|start|take that--) test right here with the first question:
Question #1: What Type Of Phone Do You Prefer Among These?