This technical HTC Touch Dual GSM review is based on a computer algorithm, it is not based on a hands-on review. It outlines its pros and cons to help you make an informed decision.
- Technology: The HTC Touch Dual GSM is compatible with worldwide GSM frequencies , a convenient feature for overseas travelers. --Note that additional roaming|Roaming--) fees from your home carrier generally apply) (score: 7/7)
- Talk Time: 300 minutes of talking time. It is way above average! (score: 20/20)
- Phone Book: It can store a variable number of phone book entries. This is generally the case of phones with a dynamic memory and, it normally allows for a lot of phone numbers to be stored. (score: 20/20)
- Memory Expansion Slot: It includes a memory expansion slot MicroSD, a convenient way to store more pictures and music or transfer them from and to your laptop computer. (score: 10/10)
- Full Keyboard: It boasts a full keyboard. It helps not just when typing emails but also when browsing the wireless Internet and adding new phone book contacts. (score: 7/7)
- Wireless Data System: Bluetooth-enabled, which is an interesting plus. Bluetooth is not really necessary but may be handy if you want to use a wireless headset or transfer data to or from your (Bluetooth-enabled) laptop, for instance. (score: 7/7)
- Camera: It features an above average camera: 2-megapixel (score: 10/10)
- Weight: It weights 4.23 ounces , which is close to the average weight for today's phones. (score: 8/20)
- Stand-by Time: 180 hours of stand-by time. It is about average. (score: 12/20)
- Speakerphone: It does not seem to include a speakerphone, which would be useful in some situations. (Find phones with a speakerphone) (score: 0/10)
Overall Score: 105
* Look at these 3 phones. They ranked higher than the HTC Touch Dual GSM:
Sony Ericsson K610im (Score= 137)
Sony Ericsson k610i (Score= 130)
Sony Ericsson V630 (Score= 125)
** Given the fact that manufacturers do not necessarily detail features in full, some information may be missing. Hence, the script that computed that analysis may produce awkward results. If you see a mistake, send me an email to let me know.
Is the HTC Touch Dual GSM the best cell phone for you? To find out, click here to take my wildly popular 20-question test that unveils your 5 ideal cell phones. You can even start test right here with the first question:
Question #1: What Type Of Phone Do You Prefer Among These?