The lightweight LG Xenon is one such cell phone. This non-smartphone features a 2.8-inch touch screen.
The Xenon also has a 2-megapixel camera, a music player, high-speed 3G access, Bluetooth for short-range wireless, streaming radio and a full QWERTY keyboard for quick texting.
As of Sept. 30, 2009, the LG Xenon was priced at $99.99 with a two-year service contract after an AT&T mail-in rebate.
- Touch screen cell phone for easy Web and application use
- 2.8-inch screen (240x400 pixels and 65,000 colors)
- Full QWERTY keyboard for easy text messaging
- 3G for high-speed Internet access
- 2-megapixel camera with 2X zoom
- Bluetooth for short-range wireless (i.e. for a wireless headset)
- Live video capture and playback
- Video share
- Music player
- Streaming radio, create playlists, visualizer and customizable equalizer
- IM (instant messaging) support
- Mobile email (AOL, Yahoo! and Windows Live)
- Games (puzzle, sports, action, card, racing and more)
- Graphics and themes
- Address book (with up to 500 entries), calendar, alarm clock and personal organizer
- USB connectivity
- Hands-free speakerphone
- TTY and TTD compatible for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Voice dialing and voice commands
- Call waiting, caller ID, conference calling and call forwarding
- Multitasking (use voice and data simultaneously)
- Predictive text for fast typing
- Backlit keys
- 100 megabytes of internal memory with up to 16 gigabytes of expandable microSD memory
The LG Xenon is rated decently at up to 4 hours of talk time and up to 11 days of standby time when not in use at all. This does not make the About.com list of our best cell phone batteries.
The LG Xenon is a relatively lightweight touch screen cell phone. Weighing in at 3.81 ounces, though, this does not make our list of the best lightweight cell phones.
The LG Xenon measures in at 4.16 inches by 2.11 inches by 0.62 of an inch, which does not make the About.com list of our best slim cell phones.
Differentiation in the Marketplace
The full-keyboard LG Xenon stands out in the marketplace by being one of the few touch screen cell phones without a mobile operating system. The handset also differentiates itself by being relatively lightweight.