If you own an HTC cell phone, you've probably already realized that it's a very capable device. But, with the right software, your HTC cell phone can do even more.
Here are links to several software apps designed to help you get more out of your HTC cell phone.
Note: Most of these apps are designed for use on Windows Mobile-based HTC phones, and may not work on other HTC phones, such as those that run the Android operating system. To find apps for your Android-based HTC phone, visit the Android Market from the device.
* Evernote: This free productivity app lets you create notes (text, photo, or audio) to collect, store, and organize almost any kind of information. It works on computers (both Macs and PCs) and has an online version, too. All versions will be synchronized, so information you've stored in the Web-based version will be viewable on your phone and vice-versa.
* Midomi Mobile: A free application that helps you find the name of your favorite song. Hold you phone in front of the speaker playing the song and Midomi will identify it in five seconds. Available for a variety of mobile platforms.
* Nitrogen Player: Free software that can play back a variety of music files. Designed for use on a touchscreen phone.
* SMS Filter Rules: Lets you create rules for filtering SMS messages just as you would e-mail messages. SMS Filter Rules is free.
* SportyPal: A free application that uses your phone's GPS to track information about your workout. Lets you track speed, distance, and calories burned while walking, running, biking, skiing, or more.
* Wifi Remote Access: A free application that lets you control your HTC phone (or any Windows Mobile device) from your computer, using the phone's Wi-Fi connection.