From the article: GPS Personal Locator: Locate Your Kids With GPS
GPS is now heavily integrated into cell phones and smartphones. For the mobile user, the global satellites can now give us turn-by-turn driving directions and are utilized by a wide array of location-based smartphone applications. We want to know how often you use GPS and if you have any stories of when the technology was particularly useful to you.
Seldom GPS User
- Seldomly use it but it comes very handy when I do.
- —Guest Ping
I'd forgotten it was there!
- I have a gps in the car so I don't use the phone for it -- of course, if I get lost in the woods hopefully it could locate me for my rescuers.
- —Guest SWBrown
- i use cell phone gps as part of my job as a trucker although i am thinking about getting a standalone gps with truck specific routing. the cellphone based gps isnt as good for truckers as it should be but it gets the job done when needed.
- —Guest dan
- I use it every time i travel. Daily. 5 days a week. That would be about 30 weeks per year.
- —Guest kbrotton
Use of Cell Phone GPS
- I have the ability to pay for GPS service on my cell phone but as with other cell phone activities while driving, I find them simply inappropriate and even dangerous to be having to look at your cell phone for directions while you are driving. Also, there is a fee to use it on the ATT phone I use. So, for those reasons, I do not use the GPS functions of my cell phone.
- —Guest Linda Vance
GPS on phone
- I needed it once, and when I lost my signal, I lost the GPS. So at $10/month, I dropped it.
Directionally Impaired - Gotta have it.
- I used to be lost all the time. I was afraid to go places I had never been because I would, invariably, get lost - sometimes in bad neighborhoods. I can get lost 3 blocks from my house if I get in an unfamiliar street, or if it is dark and I come in from the "wrong" direction. With my GPS, I can confidently drive around and I know I can find my way. I've started taking road trips, and no longer have to leave 3 hours early to get to an appointment to ensure time to get lost and then find my way. It is also very handy when taking a long trip. I can find the nearest Starbucks, gas station or rest area. I feel really free to go where I want for the first time in my life. Before, I always had to go with someone else because I could not find my way. Now I drive others!
- —Guest FyreKat