- metro has the best plan . none of yours canbet it they have afamiley plan . 5phones you can get any phome with it and all the bells and . $28.00 a phone no extry and that all there is tax all . 5 phones 28.00 for life
- —Guest erin
VM - not evil, just indifferent
- I've been using Virgin Mobile's prepaid plan for several years now. The coverage is decent, and it's cheap, but god help you if you ever need support or have a question. I've e-mailed, filed service requests through their web site, and called, and rarely, if ever, have I gotten a response beyond an automated, "We're looking into that and we will get back to you within 24 hours" type of message. After that, nada. You might as well go burn some prepaid cards on an altar and pray to the cell phone gods for help, because VM really just doesn't give a damn. They've billed me for random things I don't recognize (small amounts, mostly), lost photos I tried to upload, and most recently deleted all but 4 of my photos on their "MyPix" site. Upon contacting them about these issues, I got the standard, "We're aware of the problem and are working on it" and nothing more. If all you need to voice service, and are willing to do without support, they might be an option.
- —Guest Mister Bill
track phone badddd
- Had one tracphone for years, no problems. Got a new phone--they sent me a new sim card--then a new phone--still cant get it to work with more than 9 hours on the phone. Never again
- —Guest Fletcher
- If you ever use your phone to top-up on Virgin, they require you to activate what they call "Xtras" and charge you 15 cents per day just for the privilege of being able to top-up from your phone. If you do not turn that feature off, it continues to charge you 15 cents EVERY DAY even if you are not using any of the "Xtra" crap.
- —Guest Not Virgin
tracfone no, tin cans better cust.svce
- Apparently the good folks at Tracfone have never heard of the marketing rule of twelves. One satisfied, or disatisfied, customer will tell 12 people and those 12 will tell 12 more and so on. So here goes. Tracfone has the poorest customer service of any co. I've attempted to deal with, again as has been said, it's not the CSRs problem, they are generally kind, clearly reading strictly from their script. Tracfone products are shoddier than ever and their responsiveness to my issues is poor. I'm in the market for another prepaid cell phone.
Tracefone has been good to me...
- I know that everyone can't be happy, but Tracfone has been such a blessing for me. Due to changes in my personal finances, I had to make adjustments somewhere. I still needed to have a cell phone, but was paying very high rates with my contract phone. Decided to make a switch to prepaid when contract ran out. For my purposes, Tracfone had the best plans and rates. I don't use it a lot, so the Value Plans work great. I never go over and this makes me happy. My gsm phone uses the AT&T network so I still get great coverage. And, I've been able to finally save money and start paying down my debts.
- I have used a lot of prepaid plans... Boost, Straight Talk, Net10, but they didn't have the coverage I needed and I hated the phones! I had been wanting an Iphone for a long time, but couldn't afford the bill. I found Fuzion and I can use my iPhone for $40 per month. Data and picture messaging is coming next month, so that will be a plus, however I will most likely not even use it. Wifi is so much faster. Love the coverage, love the price, love my phone!!
- —Guest Kelsey
Virgin Mobile--you"ll be Surprised!!
- I switched to VG about a year ago, and have the $25/month no contract plan. I "top up" every 30 dayswith pre-paid cards you can purchase everywhere....all done right on the phone or online. For $25 I get 300 talk min a month, Unlimited Text & Unlimited Data(email, web)!! Great plan, great price, if I ever do need more minutes I'm charged just ten cents a min til I "top up" again. You can even add extra money to your account and purchase cool ring tones , graphics etc. Good coverage for me, but do check first....they are not everywhwere.
- —Guest Brenda
Want the run around? go with Tracphone
- I purchased a Tracphone and wanted to transfer my old phone number. Its been six weeks and I still don't have a working number. Now they want to send me a sim card that takes 7 days. My mom has been in the hospital and I have been without a phone. They transfer you from person to person and ask the same questions over and over, creating countless case numbers. Everyone has an accent and you can't understand them. They make polite small talk, like how is the weather today. Just fix the damn phone. I'm going to Target to get my money back.
- —Guest Barbara
Just5 For Kids: A Practical Option
- When it comes to phones for my kids, I don't really care about how much the plan is. What I care more is how the device can be of help not only to my children but also to me and my wife. With this in mind, I got my only son a Just5 cell phone. The Just5 phone is very much affordable and can be used with any provider of our choice. This encouraged me to get this phone for him. Also, the phone is offering a personal emergency response system. Since my son is in school already, I find it a need for him to have a phone that will help him even without us by his side. With the feature of this phone, he can contact help immediately with just a press of a button. Hence, my wife and I have total peace of mind even when we are at work. Another great thing about this phone is that it is very simple. Its simplicity makes it a perfect starter phone. I remember when I first handed this phone to him, he didn't even have a hard time learning how to use it. So for parents of school children out there
- —Guest Victoria
- They are a great company as long as you never have to speak with them. The first couple times we added time to the phones by buying cards at walmart & adding the time through an automated phone system. But they encourage customers to use other options to add time to the phone. Such as calling in & purchasing the time by phone with a representative or thru their website, both by credit card. Well apparently, setting it up by website is next to impossible if it is not done that way from the very beginning. And never mind trying to talk to someone & the unbelievable hold times. My husband & I each have phones thru Straight Talk but the only way we will stay with Straight Talk & not switch to another company is if we go back to buying the cards at Walmart which is not always a convenient option.
- —Guest Fran
Cell Phone Planes
- I've had Tracfone for 8 years and love the quality of the service. Being a Realtor, I use it a great deal. I'm not one of those who text and search for things on my cell phone. A phone is to send and receive calls. When ever I get a new phone, Tracfone syncs all my info into the new phone and the Double Minutes Card is great. Gadgets I don't need service is.
- —Guest Myra
STRAIGHT TALK vs. NET 10
- I have been reading all the responses as I am in dire need of a cheap but reliable cell phone. I currently use Tracfone but the double minutes run out after a year and 30 cents for a txt message is outrageous. Straight talk I tried and liked but when you don't add money before 30 days you may have to buy a whole new phone. Maybe I will give Net 10 a shot.
- —Guest mv
- Page Plus is hands down the best. No contract, 6 cents @minute on pay as you go, $29.95 for 1200 minutes 50 MB of Data a month
- —Guest Ledgeinair
AT&T is soooo not cool!!
- i have a go phone and it has been cool for the past 4 almost 5 years, I recently inquired about geting my cell number changed. I was told to pay 18.00, not too bad but my thing was if i am a loyal customer can you not just excure the fee??? Then I asked for the rate plans available..60.00 unlimited talk and text or 2.00 per day usage if you get or make a call or text, so in other words 60.00 per month and 62.00 on months with 31 days...for some that may not seem like a lot but loyalty is loyalty no matter what the price. I am really rethinking where my loyalty should lie, someone else may appreciate me and my 60.00 or less:-)
- —Guest Kimmie