cell phone service
- I use Net 10. It cost me $15.00 per month for 300 minutes. The service is good and I am very hapy with it.
- —Guest phylred
- I lost my metroPCS phone and tried to get a replacement. I filled out all the paperwork and a copy of my driver’s license. The next day I called Asurian, which is MetroPCS’ insurance, the company that MetroPCS goes through and they told me there was a previous problem with my current address and they have to close my claim and I have to re-do the whole claim all over again with another address. I’m paying $1 a month so Metro PCS can have a back up of all my contact numbers. I called MetroPCS so I could get the website address where I can get all my contacts so I don’t have to go all the way to the Metro PCS office for the list. The rep said I have to create the back up in advance by putting all the contacts into the website individually first or I can’t retrieve them online. She said that the only other option is that I go to the MetroPCS office in person and ask them for a print out. I went to the office and they told me they couldn’t give me a print out and that I had to get a new
- —Guest Dakid
Not happy with straight talk
- Not happy with straight talk. My first phone was not working and when i bought another straight talk phone they would not give me my same number. So i cancelled straight talk and now I am looking for another pre-paid phone Not happy with straight talk.
- —Guest sherri
- i have been using tracfone company for almost three years and while most of my friends are paying over $50 a month i can just buy minutes when i need them so i dont spend as much like my friends on contracted plans have minutes added automaticly and dont use all of them are still beening charged for them where as i can use all my minutes and then go buy new ones when im out. im not forced to pay $50 a month some monthes i might not even buy any so thats extra money in my pocket. overall i think that prpaid phones are alot better
- —Guest Lexus
- I recently got a postition where I needed a mobile phone, so i went went with straight talk unlimited.. while my co-workers are scrambling to get reimbursed for their $155 plus overcharges.. lol I go monthly to buy my little card :) .. there are days the text bunch up some but not often.. i have no contract.. its a GREAT phone :) and there is not many places i dont have reception.
- —Guest It works!
Love Straight Talk
- I have had AT&T for 15 years.I switched to ST because AT&T has developed a rude attitude.Straight Talk is perfect!I have never talked to anyone,my phone went on right on time & they canceled my AT&T & ported my #.All done online!!!Love them,service perfect!
- —Guest Linda
Happy with Virgin Mobile
- I've had Virgin Mobile for several years. I've been very happy with their service. I'm still locked into the .18/minute rate. I just top up with $20 every three months. Just about every retailer carries top-up cards, which makes it very convenient. I recently purchased a new phone on sale, which I paid for with some of my phone's balance. I just called them up and had a new phone in 4 days. I am retired and still have a landline, which I reserve for long calls. I just use the cell phone for quick calls or for emergencies. It's nice to have a cell phone but not the necessity that most folks seem to think it is. I'm kinda old-fashioned that way. Anyway, I can't see ever having anything but prepaid service. I'm always shocked at what other people's cell phone bills are.
Kajeet-Best Cell Phone Service 4 kids!
- Kajeet is amazing! The Parental Controls, the Time Manager and the GPS locator are the best features of the controls. There are no contracts, no activation fees, no termination fees, phones start at $25 and plans start at $4.99/month. It doesn't get any more affordable to have Kajeet as your cell phone service. We bought our boys their phones 2 years ago because we didn't want to put them on a family plan and be locked into a contract and I couldn't be happier! I even joined the Mom Sales Team to help spread the word about the company. Kajeet has won many parenting awards too! Check out the website: and you can get 15% off all Kajeet phones through this link only: http://www.kajeet.com/cford
- —Guest Carol
Net 10's for me!
- I have been using Net 10 and am so happy with it. Great quality at low cost does it for me. I don't think I will switch to any other company unless my monthly usage increases, in which case I will go straight to Straight Talk since I've heard great things about them as well. One thing is for sure...contracts are not in my future!
- —Guest Roger Diaz
Beware of Tracphone
- We had been using Tracphone for years using the one year cards. On mine the minutes that rolled over were over 1300 because I seldom used it. They unsubscribed my simcard 2 months before my time expired. After going through customer service hell they still would not fix the problem. When my other phone was getting close to its end date I got calls and emails up the kazoo which tells me they purposely shut off my other phone because they wern't making enough money on it. They will not get another dime from me. Net10 I believe is also part of tracphone
- —Guest Steve
- I had page plus 6 mos, I was enjoying the service for 39.95 as of 5/18/2010 it went up to 44.95 I switched to save. I don't know about the price increase. A little iffty...
- —Guest smiley
Happy Virgin Mobile customer
- Signed up 4 yrs ago at $15.90 once every three months & that's still what we pay. Minutes have rolled over at times to over $100 because we rarely use them. Only dead spot we have is at our summer house in Maine so we have to drive to nearest town to use it there & the neighbors say tracphone works there just fine, so we may get one of those for up there. Other than that, only problem has been extremely annoying phone calls from VM reminding us to "top up" even though we signed up for automatic top ups.
- —Guest Effie
- i have had virgin service now for five years and love it - no contract ever, purchased a phone in walmart for $20 and for $21.50 every 90 days I have use of a cell phone- some days i never use it, some days i do- the first ten mins costs .25 per minute - but the connections are always clear and never do i have a dropped call- problem is i have gotten spoiled and now need a contract to access more minutes!
- —Guest Lois
- Bought a Straightalk prepaid phone for my son when he moved to Idaho. This is by far the best cell phone deal out there. Not only that but he gets better reception and call quality than I do with my T-mobile plan in Los Angeles. The $30 plan has been more than enough minutes for him. I highly recommend this prepaid plan.
- —Guest gotjava
- I've been with Virgin Mobile for many years, and like it. I'm on what I guess used to be minute to minute, and they haven't made me switch to one of their new plans thank heavens. I don't use the phone that much, so unless I go over it costs me $15 every 3 months to keep this service, 18 cents a minute and the minutes roll over. I rarely text anymore, but I'd have to say their texting is pricey at 25 cent to send and receive. For awhile I had a plan which reduced it to 5 cents a minute, but don't need that one anymore. I like the fact that the minutes roll over because my husband rarely uses his and the time just accumulates until I decide to take it for awhile and use them down. I don't like the plans that charge you $1.00 access fee, because most of the days when I do make or receive a call, it only last 1 or 2 minutes. So that would have me paying $1.00 or 50 cents a minute.
- —Guest Misty